Department Lead: Magdalena Klodzinska
Treetops department consists of four classes with a range of complex needs including Autism, Speech, Language and Communication needs, social, physical and sensory related difficulties. We will be following a topic approach to learning whilst ensuring pupils are taught functional life skills. The curriculum will be individualised for each student and adapted to meet their needs. In the 6th form pupils will be following ASDAN personal progress accreditation and learning lots of valuable skills to help prepare them for life after they finish school.
Class teams will work closely with Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists to help develop students learning and improve their gross and fine motor skills.
Areas that will be covered:
Communication, language and literacy using appropriate communication aids and systems
- Applying functional maths
- Applying functional literacy
- Life skills, including cooking and shopping
- Physical development including community opportunities for swimming, gymnastics and team games
- PSED including personal hygiene, healthy eating and keeping safe
- Creative development