Useful Information including the Local Offer
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer will set out in one place, what support and services are available and how to access them for children and young people with disabilities, and SEN from birth to 25 years.
The Local Offer will include information on:
- services that are available to support children and young people with Special Educations Needs and/or Disability (SEND) from birth to 25 including: - education services (Early Years providers, schools, colleges and training) - health services - social care services
- eligibility criteria for specialist services;
- how to obtain an education, health and care plan and the process;
- travel arrangements;
- how to make a complaint;
- the support available to help you to find and access the services you need.
You can find more information on the Buckinghamshire Local Offer website.
Education, Health and Care (HC) Plans
From 1 September 2014, Statements of SEN will start to be replaced by an EHC Plan. This plan will include all of the child or young person’s needs and will coordinate support services from education, health and social care to achieve agreed outcomes.
The EHC Plan will:
- Be more person-sentred, engaging and involving parents, carers, children and young people in the planning process.
- Be focused on outcomes to be achieved for each child/young person.
- May run from birth to age 25, if necessary.
- Will replace Learning Disability Assessments (LDAs) for young people remaining in education beyond 16 years.
- Eligibility for EHC assessment will remain the same as currently exists for Statements of SEN and the current LDAs.
You can find more information on the Buckinghamshire Family Information Service website.